Logos Dei is a church in South Tampa for people who don't like "church". Logos Dei is a safe place to ask the hard questions about God and faith. No matter where you are coming from, Logos Dei Church wants to help draw you closer to God!
Logos Dei . . . Latin; meaning Word of God
From the beginning, we agreed that our first priority was to be faithful to God's Word because it was from His Word that we can find meaning and clarity for our lives. It is from this value that the name Logos Dei Church emerged; a latin phrase meaning "Word of God"
As I look back on this journey I would never have imagined the incredible ways that Jesus has shown up and shaped this dream, including a core group of people who have helped make this dream a reality.
Here are just a few things we’ve done together over the past few years . . .
- We have collectively served over 5,000 hours in our own community; cleaning yards, painting homes, and caring for children.
- We have given away thousands of dollars to families who just needed a little help.
- We partnered with the YMCA to “Do Something Good” in our community and provided scholarships for kids to be involved in their many great programs.
- We started the first ever MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) ministry at a YMCA.
- We partnered with Faith café to feed the homeless and had a vision of not just feeding but also clothing the homeless and started and continue to fund a clothes closet.
- We partnered with the Children’s law center to provide support through child and family sponsorship during the holiday season and throughout the year.
- We partnered with Watering Malawi an organization that advocates for long term solutions to extreme poverty and hunger through access to clean water, irrigation and sanitation systems. We committed to raising money for ½ a well but raised enough to build 2 wells, bringing life to 2 villages in Malawi.
- We partnered with Because Every Mother Matters an organization in Ethiopia that addresses the needs in a country where 1 in 11 moms die in child birth. We funded a birthing center, purchased 250 birthing kits and an ambulance to transport moms from remote villages to the birthing center.
- We partnered with the Ricks Institute in war torn Liberia to provide white boards for their classrooms and sent one of our own to teach for one year.
- We have become the point church in South Tampa for Operation Christmas Child, collecting thousands of boxes to be sent around the world to share the Joy of Christ during the Christmas season.
This list could go on but I think you get the idea. We may be small but God has used this small group in some really big ways.
a community church making a big difference in south tampa